Monday, September 25, 2006

"Would Jesus Lie to Start a War", asks Christian Conservative

I must admit that I did not think the day would come when I would be quoting a Christian Conservative but I am.


A Conservative Christian Republican asks: Are "Paid For" Christians Hypocrites in how they Vote?
by Karl W. B. Schwarz

(Friday November 12 2004)

"Would Jesus lie to the world to justify an attack on another nation, the killing of now over 100,000 Iraqis? No, certainly not, but that is what George W. Bush did and then lied to get the Christian vote."





I am an ecumenical Christian that believes that one of the most important things that God requires of me is the use of discernment. In that I mean, I am required to pay attention, use critical thinking to see things as they are, not as someone tells me to believe they are. The Bible tells me to “recognize them by their fruits” and when those fruits are evil the person behind them is evil too.







I see many Christians that blindly follow what their pastor tells them to do, even when that pastor might be dead wrong or the counsel seriously tainted maybe even to the point of being “advice of commission of sin”. I think and as a Christian believe that such blind obedience is dangerous and sinful.
Hitler professed his Christianity to justify his actions, so need I say more that not all that use the claim are worthy of using it? I did not support or vote for Bush Cheney because I clearly see them as fascists and arrogance of power wrapped up in a false Christianity. I see glee in death and destruction as they and their friends plunder this world for billions and trillions in present and future monies.

Karl Schwarz, author or the article referenced herein (complete article may be found at: http://usa.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/11295/






Would Jesus lie to the world to justify an attack on Afghanistan to take over the Taliban / Bridas Corporation pipeline and hold that deed, that greed, that killing up high as if some “honorable act?” No, certainly not, but that is what George W. Bush did and then lied to get the Christian vote.

...

May God forgive America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home